We all recognize the value of being responsive and on the same page with our prospects and clients in order to keep them interested. Shouldn’t our web presence be the same? Wouldn’t it be nice if we could respond to each prospect and client with the best web page layout no matter what device they are using? Today, websites can be reached from desktops, tablets, and mobile phones. Each device has different characteristics and users have different needs and expectations when they use each device type.
Since each device varies in screen size and resolution, we are faced with a new challenge: one fixed website design will not serve all devices well. A full-size website with graphics looks great on a desktop but will be too small or will need a lot of scrolling on a cell phone to the point that it becomes impractical. On the other hand, a website made for a mobile device will present the content perfectly on the device but will be very dull and unappealing on a desktop.
Traffic to websites from mobile devices is growing exponentially and it is about to cross the 20% mark. How will you solve this conflict and avoid losing exposure to prospects that use mobile devices as their main tool for surfing the web?
The solution is giving your full-size website the ability to detect the device from which it is being accessed and redirect the visitor to the mobile version pages, if needed. With this feature your website will be responsive to mobile devices and will put the right pages with best functionality on the mobile screen
This add-on can be incorporated to any existing website by adding a short code onto the pages being turned into mobile-responsive pages.
We would like to invite you to test this enhancement on our website:
- Go to www.siteme.com from your desktop to see the full website
- Do the same from your smart phone and see the difference.
- On the mobile version at the bottom click on the “Full Site” link.
- You will see how the full size website will look like when mobile version is not available.
Features to look for on pages made for Mobile devices:
- “Tap to call” button – A very convenient call tor action that eliminates the need to dial.
- “Find Us” page – Great for people that need navigation assistance. Perfect for retail businesses.
- Content and functionality are the most important
- No heavy graphics. Pages are light and load quickly which is critical to mobile devices which have limited bandwidth.